How many times have you received invitations to various events or parties with a dress code that gave you headaches? I’m sure there were plenty of times! Most people would like to be dressed perfectly for a fancy party or for a major event, but when a dress code is imposed upon them things become complicated. Firstly, you have to know exactly what the dress code entails, then to see if you have all the items in your wardrobe.
When it comes to the cocktail attire dress code, you have to take into account that this is a combination between formal attire and a glam outfit, more precisely it’s a type of outfit that gives you more freedom in regards to style than a black-tie dress code.
How to dress to a party if the dress code cocktail party
Women have more options when it comes to choosing their outfits for a cocktail party. However, the most important thing is to avoid long dresses that are meant for black tie events.
If you are a woman you can easily wear one of these outfits:
– A short party dress combined with stiletto shoes and statement jewelry;
– A midi dress in black, red, green, or any other precious color paired with high heeled shoes or sandals and big earrings with precious stones;
– A black masculine suit paired with stiletto shoes, hair caught in a ponytail, minimalist earrings, and a precious clutch;
– A top or a precious blouse combined with a pair of perfectly tailored suit trousers, a blazer put on the shoulders, stiletto shoes, and precious pieces of jewelry.
How to dress to a party if the dress code is black tie
When the event is more formal, then the dress code is usually a black tie. These types of events is easier for men, as they will go for a tuxedo or for a very chic and well-tailored suit. However, for women is not that easy, as they have to choose carefully what they wear and also the jewelry!
If you are a woman and you want to know what to wear for a black-tie event, you can choose one of the following outfits:
- A long silk dress that follows the body line paired with high heeled gold sandals
- A midi dress also paired with high heeled sandals or stiletto shoes
- A midi bodycone dress paired with statement jewels and nude stiletto shoes
- A long princess dress paired with some statement earrings and a precious clutch
It is very important that you wear either a long gown or a midi dress with a unique and precious design for black tie events!